I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tricked and Treated

"We looked!
Then we saw him
step in on the mat!
We looked!
And we saw him!
The Cat in the Hat!"
--Dr. Seuss (attribution is almost insulting, since everyone knows who wrote this, but the grammarian/rule-follower part of me can't ignore protocol; see also: weird people who enjoy such things as the AP Stylebook, dictionaries and encyclopedias)

Here is our Cat on our mat (of sorts). I have to say that this costume may be my favorite yet. According to Jamison, it was also a crowd favorite. Something about it suited Will very well. Maybe the mayhem and destruction that the Cat spreads. Just maybe.



We had to stuff the hat with paper towels to get it to stay upright. I'm just glad he actually wore it since it's kind of important to the costume's overall effect.



One of many serious shots of these two. Laura tends to not like anything we do after about 5 pm. It interferes with winding down to her 6 pm bedtime.



The plight of the second child. Hand-me-down costumes. Bumblebee, take two.



And we end in typical fashion.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment