I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Friday, January 28, 2011

In case you needed another reason



If you're looking for another hash mark in the "nerd" column for me, I am inordinately excited about completing this little sweater an hour or so ago for Laura. If you're even a moderately experienced knitter, please ignore all my little errors. I've definitely got a lot to learn in the finishing department. A lot. And I also cannot tie a bow to save my life.

I can't wait until she gets up to try this on her. It will function as a nice little robe substitute at 6 o'clock tomorrow morning. Next up is a hat in the pink yarn. And I forgot to mention the legwarmers I just knit Laura as well. (I didn't take any pictures since they're a plain-as-it-gets camel color. In fact, I bought the yarn when I was still pregnant last winter and the lady at the yarn store just assumed I was having a boy based on my yarn choice. No, I'm just really boring and prefer to not deal in pastels.) I'm on a roll, and this is saying something seeing as my prime time for knitting rolls (not as in edible "knitting rolls") is while I'm pregnant. I'm definitely not pregnant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment