I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Monday, August 23, 2010

Mommy Had a Little Lamb

For your Monday dose of cute:



Posted by Picasa

These were part of my effort to take more bathtime pictures of Laura. They were taken shortly after Will splashed her in the face like she was at a waterpark. Or like she was a few years older. I'm not certain he ever really grasped why he got in trouble for it.



Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa

She looks so much plumper in pictures where she's smiling. She's actually quite petite (5th percentile for weight) but the bouncy seat/smile combo isn't her most flattering. Not flattering, but still pretty cute.

She slept in her room last night for the first time ever, as she's rolling around everywhere now and the co-sleeper next to the bed was getting to be too restrictive for her. Will happily slept (swaddled, no less) in the co-sleeper until we moved to Cincinnati/WV when he was six months old. (It's always surprising to me when I realize just how different these two are. Maybe it's just me realizing how different we are as parents this time around. We're so much less stressed about every little thing.)

I just remembered the other day that Will didn't start rolling over in his bed until about six months, whereas Miss Wiggle Worm has been doing it for at least three weeks now and she won't be five months old until Saturday. The obvious implication of this is that we are simply much better parents, right?

(Tangent: Will has taken to calling me Sara in the past few days. He thinks it's hilarious. He started by calling out "Sara, come talk to me" when he wanted me to get him from his room during his "rest" time. He also was looking at Laura's hair the other day and noticed that she has a few longer hairs, to which he said, "Look, Mommy, she has some strong hairs.")

No comments:

Post a Comment