I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lather, rinse, repeat

(Speaking of, who actually repeats? Do the shampoo people really think we're not on to them?)

It's been forever yet again and, during my silence, there have been lots of goings on around here. We traveled to WV/Lynchburg for my 10 year college reunion (more to come on that), Will spent some time with our families in WV, we had our floors refinished, I did some painting, Laura got even cuter and sweeter (I know!), Will had some doctor appointments, and we've done copious amounts of yard work.

Since it's 10:06 and I tend to sort of mentally devolve starting around 8:30 or so, I'll just leave you with some pictures and a promise to try to write something more substantial in the next day or so. Hopefully. It kind of depends on when the yard work situation becomes more manageable, so we'll wait and see when that happens...



Laura has four bathing suits. Each time I put another one on her, I'm certain it's the cutest one she has. I think it's more likely that she's the common denominator here, that each of her bathing suits is cute but really becomes something to behold when she wears it.



I look at her now and can't believe I ever felt anxious about having a girl. Little did I know, right?



Little did I know how much this one would teach me about patience and patience and more patience and also perhaps about boys and their nonchalance concerning the whole wearing pants thing. (He's only wearing clothes on his top half here, which is pretty normal in our house.)



Little did I know that the same man who once lamented the fact that they were required to get Blackberries for work would become addicted to his. (Please also note his computer glued to his lap. One can never have enough screens up simultaneously, apparently?) His job has taken over our lives, it seems. But he hasn't worked yet all weekend so this could be a new record. It's been grrrrrreat!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment