I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A fast one

We're here (and have been since Friday)! We're on our second vacation in a little over a month, which feels very luxurious and kind of like we maybe might be avoiding things that we could've been doing at our house with a week of both adults of the house home and no one thinking about and/or working all the while. But avoidance or not, it's pretty nice up here in these parts.

















See what I mean?






















Laura only sits in chairs that match her clothes. The green Adirondacks on the deck here were not a possibility for this very reason. Maybe they will be today, depending on her choice of outfit.

















We're doing well if Will's just dressed, with all components, much less matching his chair. But his chair in this case is neutral enough that it also works out that he matches, too.



We built a fire last night and had hot dogs and smores. Or, more accurately, I  built a fire last night and then we had smores and hot dogs. Major man points were lost last night. I don't want to go into great detail but I will say that if we were stranded in the woods (in separate locations, for whatever reason), I would hope for Jamison's sake that he could locate me. But I wouldn't think that it would be too hard, what with all the smoke sent up from my towering fires.

I have lots more pictures and this time I even made sure the lens was clean! I'm a quick learner, aren't I? More coming soon . . .

1 comment:

  1. You never fail to make me laugh, my friend. I love that you can build a fire better than Jamison and that you talked about it. And please tell me how I can make my way up to wherever the heck you are - I want to sit on that dock. NOW! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete