I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween and other things

Our pictures of trick-or-treating are particularly not great this year but I thought sharing a few blurry shots of my giraffe and cat were in order.

















Traditional couch picture. We have a couch picture from every milestone/holiday. This one is not my favorite so far.

















I think this one could have been good but The Headless Giraffe wasn't exactly the effect I was going for.






















Laura's costume was really cute.

















Giraffe on a bike. Will's costume was funny.
















3/4 of our family.






















This picture is depressing to me because it is ocular proof that I am rapidly aging.

















Self explanatory.

















This is the state of our house the day before Halloween. Scary, indeed.

















This was also a scene from our weekend. We're currently archless. The one pictured here was rotting and leaning and generally unsafe. The new arch has yet to make it out of the box in the garage, though.

















The pantry is one of Laura's favorite play spots, which is why the floor of it looks like a little bit like a garage sale.

I think that's it for now. We're spending the weekend in WV and I have about 76 loads of laundry to do before we leave tomorrow. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I absolutely love the costumes. I am truly impressed with children under the age of three who are willing to wear any sort of headpiece long enough for even one picture moment. This explains why George was a "football" this year. And don't you think for a minute you look old (but I have to laugh at your comment because I think the exact same thing every time I look at my picture). Just know that you will always be younger than me : )

    ReplyDelete