I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Free your mind (and the rest will follow...maybe?)

To add one more thing to the ol' to-do list, I've signed up for this. I've never actually jumped on the meditation bandwagon, except for the guided meditations I've done during yoga classes here and there. But I'm interested to see if all the benefits of meditation that are espoused by so many actually exist. So, just wanted to share since I thought a few of you might also be interested. (I've made up with yoga again since my disappointing class Tuesday after this morning's class with my favorite teacher. All is well again, except for the soreness that I'm sure will come tomorrow.)

Anyhoo, nothing all that exciting to report otherwise. It's hotter than hot should be here and our dumb asses still did some menial outside tasks this morning while the kids slipped and slid and baby pooled it again. And now we're worn out from very little exertion. The joys of home ownership, right?

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you like the program - I would love to hear more : )

    And I also finally answered your tendonitis question with an answer that inevitably invites more questions. Such a great friend I am.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete