I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quick rundown

So. It's been a while.

Here are a few quick highlights of our last few weeks:
  • Will no longer takes an afternoon nap (see second item)
  • Will climbs out of his crib all the time (see first item)
  • Laura is capable of sleeping on her own during naps for approximately three minutes
  • I have around 11 minutes daily in which I'm not holding one, feeding another, carrying a certain one to his room, trying to keep the dishes from staging some sort of uprising on me, folding laundry that sometimes gets put away (see first three items), lather, rinse, repeat
  • Laura is the sweetest baby ever born 
  • She doesn't look at us judgmentally like her brother did
  • She cracks up at the ol' fake sneeze number, just like Will did
  • Will cracks himself up, no fake sneezes needed
  • Will actually cracks us up some, too
  • Or he routinely drives us to seriously consider (a) military and/or boarding preschool, (b) some sort of cage for him, (c) the sage guidance of the woman also known as Supernanny, (d) downing copious amounts of Nyquil, or (e) all of the above
  • Preschool (regular, not military) starts in about six weeks
  • I may or may not know exactly how many days until then, depending on how our day is going
  • Today, I don't know
Another post, with pictures and everything, coming soon . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment