I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

We had a big weekend

We celebrated Super Bowl Sunday by getting a van.

















Sorry she's cut off on both ends. I was a little bit embarrassed to be photographing my van and didn't want the neighbors to see me. Although I should just check my dignity at the door for all eternity, since I now drive a van and all.

Kidding aside, I've wanted a van for some time now. We were really crammed into the Forester. The kids' car seats were separated by a few inches, not nearly enough for someone to sit. (Unless you're lucky enough to be my mom, who has on a few occasions been shoved into this tiny little space. No more, though! Grammie can have her own personal row now.)






















Just look at all that space between car seats! And the back row of seats is folded down, leaving a veritable cavern in the back.






















Laura approves.

I approve. It basically does everything except get Will out and take him into his classroom.

So now we're van converts. I can't imagine that we ever didn't drive one. (Speaking of driving, it drives really well and doesn't seem all that much bigger than the Subaru.)

In other news, Jamison also got a Prius. Two new cars in one weekend (more accurately, in one day--we were the Toyota dealership's favorite customers that day). I don't think we can handle much more excitement.

Speaking of excitement, we're pretty excited that we finally watched "Downton Abbey." We're hooked. It's definitely a little different than "Friday Night Lights" but it's really, really good.  (I was listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" this weekend and there was a joke made about telling the audience that the Super Bowl was some event that was on at the same time as "Downton Abbey." I cracked up.)

All for now...

2 comments:

  1. OOOOO, can I be jealous of you for just a second please?!

    A van AND a prius is true awesomeness. We essentially have the combination of the two with our SUV Hybrid, but I've secretly coveted a van ever since G was born. Doors that don't slam into the car next to you every. single. time? SOLD!

    Happy driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle and I just got hooked on Downton Abbey, too! It's so good! We've stayed up way too late several nights this week to watch it. And now we're both yawny...but still wanting to watch more. lol Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete