I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Friday, March 4, 2011

Late Night Knitting



Pardon the pictures, but these are about the best I can do with a somewhat uncooperative model. This is the hat that I stayed up late finishing Wednesday night. The hat itself wasn't difficult but I don't like knitting in the middle of a messy house so my general order of things tends to be cleaning before knitting. Will picked out the colors himself and of course decided after I got that yarn that he actually wanted red instead of orange. As you can see, this wish was not granted.



Now he wants me to make an even, even, even bigger one (his words) for Daddy. And perhaps a smaller one (my words) for Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment