I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Laura!



It's here! Laura's a whole year old today. And I could not possibly be prouder.

(The slideshow does not translate well to YouTube [picture quality- and music-wise] but it was my only last-minute option. I don't recommend watching the full screen version, in any case. If my technical difficulties abate, I'll share the higher quality version later.)

More coming later, after I dig out from the mess left from our whirlwind trip to WV for the kids' party.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Miss Laura! Oh my gosh, that was beautiful, Sara! Hope Miss Laura has a great day and Mr. Will has fun celebrating his little sister's birthday! Miss you guys! Love, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW - I can't believe she's a year old. Happy, happy birthday to the happiest little girl around!! And congratulations to her parents for making it through : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. we hope Laura had a great birthday :) Reagan loved celebrating with the two of them. Give her birthday kisses for us!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete