I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Since you haven't seen them in a while

A few quick pictures of my children before I call it a night.






















"What? Do I have something on my face?" (The tiny little chubaroo weighs a hair over 21 pounds. 10th percentile, people! Do you know how huge this is for us?!? The 21 pounds consists of a little bit of sass, a whole lot of sweet and some raisins she ate off the rug after Will dropped some during his snack.)
















Will has school pictures tomorrow and we were practicing his smile. We'll be continuing our practicing tomorrow morning as well. (He's sitting in a booster because he kept leaning his chair over and being a general pain in the rear so I told him he'd have to sit in his old baby seat if he didn't stop. And while he was initially sad about it, he ended up liking it since he could see his food better [according to him, anyway]. So my great plan to curb his annoying behavior kind of backfired on me. It's not the first time something like this has happened, though, and I'm sure it won't be the last.)

















This was after I told him he couldn't make his "oogly-boogly" face for his picture. He was truly very sad about it.

















And sadder still.






















But he somehow found the strength to recover from his disappointment.

I hope to write something a little longer in the next few days. How is it already (almost) Thursday? I'm not sure exactly how or why but I feel like we've been extra busy the past few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cuteness! I love Will's second sad picture - I'm dying to see the finished product : )

    PS - I am lucky enough to visit the great EILEEN this weekend!! By myself. Sans children and husband. Can I be the luckiest girl in the world for 48 hours?? YEP! But you will be missed greatly and if your ears are burning it's only because there is certain to be some Reading reminiscing going on : )

    ReplyDelete