I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Monday, March 12, 2012

This weekend

Our weekend kicked off with Will tripping on his vent and coming out of his room dripping blood from somewhere in his mouth, of course obscuring his front teeth so that I immediately thought he'd lost them both.






















His lips aren't exactly small to begin with, so with his additional swelling, he reached Mick Jagger proportions.






















I made blueberry muffins Saturday morning and both of the kids ate way too many muffins. (Will kept saying, "I love eating these things!" He had eaten six or seven by lunchtime. True story.)











































After our muffin binge, we took a nice walk around the neighborhood.






















We do not, in fact, have an endorsement deal with Horizon.






















Will requested that I take his picture. This was his chosen pose. After seeing it on my phone, he deemed it acceptable. 






















Laura got tired of walking and promptly fell asleep in this awkward position in the stroller.






















This is not mold. It's chia seeds. Jamison brought some back after a trip to Whole Foods. He mixed up this appetizing potion and actually asked me if I wanted to try some. You'd think he would know me a little better after ten years together. He took a drink, looked at me and said, "This is even grosser than what you imagine." He then proceeded to drink the entire thing. I have nothing more to say on this subject. (However, he did clean out the garage this weekend so I won't make too much fun of him.)

Have a good (chia-seed-free) week!

1 comment:

  1. YIKES! So sorry about the bloody heart attack moment (for him and for you). He looks like he's saying, "Can I get a band-aid?" which I hear at least twice a day in my house. That chia seed story is hilarious - seriously, I'm fairly certain I have said that same phrase to Will ("no, really, it actually tastes worse than it smells. Wanna try?").

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete