I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Because I love her (and further proof that my phone has become my primary camera)

I know you're probably just dying to see more pictures of Laura, right? I take approximately six million Instagram pictures of Laura daily, and about three of Will. So please forgive my lopsidedness. It will probably resolve itself this summer when he's home and/or out and about with us a little more.

We went to the playground after we left the gym (don't tell Will). She slid and swung and charmed the elementary schoolers at the park for PE (the elementary school is being completely remodeled--hence no gym--hence the kids at the park, so Will is going to be enjoying a brand new school next year) until it was time to pick Will up at school. Here is the proof.



That face kills me.




She has recently begun to sit and color for longer stretches time. We were coloring pages from a Sesame Street coloring book, me a Cookie Monster page and her an Elmo page. (She calls Elmo Meg-O. It's much cuter when she says it, though.)


I can't resist. She's starting to slowly slim down. Kill me now.


Lest you think life with Laura is all rainbows and glitter, this was this morning after she'd been Krogering for a little too long for her liking.


I got new bedding a while back. The toile was a little un-springy. 


Old Glory is back. After a totally maddening search for the perfect flag/pole/bracket combo, we finally found one that worked. Or worked only after Jamison sawed off about a foot of the flag pole to make it functional. And after I replaced the too big flag that came with the set with one of our castoffs from another attempt at replacing our old flag. Seriously, it was a ridiculously long process that I won't bore you with the details of. (Yes, this English major is ending a sentence with a preposition. Please forgive me. I'll just call it exercising my poetic license.) Our house just looks better with a flag.

Maybe my next post will showcase pictures of Will. If I can resist Laura and her cuteness, that is.

2 comments:

  1. The nekked picture is cracking me up. It's very Michelangelo meets Steve Jobs. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I have no idea how you get ANYTHING done with that adorable face looking back at you : )

    ReplyDelete