I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Monday, May 21, 2012

Scenes from our weekend



We started our weekend in style, with ice cream from the trolley at our local garden center, where we purchased a tree that now looks comically small in our yard amongst our more mature landscaping.


We got up Saturday and headed out to IKEA. Unbeknownst to me, Laura took this picture at some point. Will was enjoying himself at the kids' dropoff place, which scores major points with us for IKEA. 


We went to get Will a new bed and somehow left with bunk beds. Not our original plan at all, but he was so excited. While he likes the idea of bunk beds, he has yet to actually sleep on the top bunk.


The bed had to be taken out of its box and wedged between the kids' seats before it would fit.


Then the bed had to be assembled, Jamison's favorite part. He loves putting stuff together. And I don't like it at all, so I guess that works out well.


He approves!


Yesterday, we went to Lowes after our regular Sunday morning gym stop and Laura discovered Junior Mints.


On the way home, Will discovered that he could take silly pictures of himself. This is one of at least 20 that he took.


And, finally, this picture is more for me than for anyone else, as it reminds me that we've made a bit of progress in our landscaping odyssey thus far. Also, it reminds me that some houses just look better with a flag, including ours.

Have a good week! This is Will's final week as a preschooler, believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment