I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New baby, new blog, new beginnings . . .

So I thought it may send the message that I liked Will more than Laura or something if I continued to use Will's name as our blog address. And here we are, where I'll attempt to write about these two crazy kids of ours with some sort of regularity. (Although the regularity may be more to do with the regularity which I neglect to write anything, truth be told. But I'll try.) If you're wondering where the name comes from, it's the final line in Mary Oliver's poem "The Summer Day" (see above). And I thought it was appropriate.


I'll start from the beginning soon (or at least our new beginning), but for now, here are a few pictures of my children. Plural. Which still seems kind of crazy to me.


Laura enjoying some fresh air. She's really not quite this chubby, I don't think. It's the camera angle.


 
Posted by Picasa



Will suddenly looks like he's old enough to drive (can you get a drivers license if you wear diapers?). But that's another story for another time.


 
Posted by Picasa



Big Brother and Baby Sister. It's hard to imagine now that there was ever a time when it wasn't all four of us. (Thanks for the shirts, Jordan!)



 
Posted by Picasa



More coming soon. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment