I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Willisms

"For cause"=because

May I go outside="Please may I want to go outside" (as though we're cruel enough to try to control his innermost wants and desires)

refrigerator=fridge-a-dater

restaurant=resternot

And an oldie but goodie: "I can't like it"=I don't like it.

We're leaving tomorrow for WV and a weekend on the Greenbrier River that promises to be full of cousins, water fun and, unfortunately for Will, possibly a few bug bites. (See below for an illustration of his tendency to be devoured by mosquitoes.)




Posted by Picasa

And a picture (or two) of Laura with a Grammie sighting in there too.



Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment