I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Will, Weekend, Water



 
Posted by Picasa



Will celebrated the beginning of summer by going completely berserk at a nearby water playground. His joy was almost palpable. If you've never been to one and you're under the age of 10 or so, I'd definitely say you're missing out. This particular one is fenced in, with a few slides and lots of odds and ends that dump, shoot or spray water (mind your cameras!)every which way. Basically, Will's idea of Eden. (Also, there is no deep water or any major potential hazards to contend with, which is a positive for the more neurotic amongst us.)


I pushed Laura around in her stroller while she snoozed during Will's water adventure. I did not document this, as her joy wasn't quite as exciting and overt as Will's.


But here she is anyway, in her bouncy seat again. Sometimes she actually lies in her crib or sits in her swing (without it swinging of course--who actually has two kids who hate the swing?) staring up at the butterfly and bird mobile above but I tend to take more pictures of her in the seat. In other news, she had her two month checkup yesterday and now weighs 9 lbs, 10 oz. So she's gained a whopping 3 lbs, 9 oz from her birth weight, which took Will much longer to achieve. It's nice this time to only go to the doctor for her regular checkups, not weekly weigh-ins.


 
Posted by Picasa



I'm working on writing a little something about Laura's birth (nothing graphic, I promise). That's one thing I regret from Will's babyhood, since I never got around to properly documenting it and have since forgotten the details I swore I'd always remember. . . Hopefully it'll be up by Monday or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment