I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday with Froggy

Will and I spent tax day (which reminds me, today is exactly one year from Laura's due date) going to visit Froggy at a local bookstore. Since Laura's been here, we've not gotten to do a whole lot of these types of outings, since they almost always seem to coincide with either Laura's naps or Will's school days and times. But Jamison was able to stay home with Laura while she napped and Will and I made the short trip to the bookstore. He was so excited on the way there that I felt really guilty about not doing more of this.

But we got there to find the parking lot packed (we got the last spot, in fact) and the bookstore even more crowded. The books were already being read and Will, strangely, was kind of clingy and wanted to be held so he could see. This is totally out of character for him. He perked up, though, when Froggy was getting ready to make his entrance.






















Froggy!



I swear, I didn't drug him. He looks like I did. I had to snap this quickly since Froggy was getting ready to leave and there were other kids waiting in line to meet him.

So. That was our Friday morning. We spent the rest of the day at swimming lessons and treating Will's chin wound that he sustained in the evening (he tripped on the rug and hit his chin on the edge of the step). I thought that we were going to have to make our first ER visit with him but it ended up being okay.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment