I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Friday, April 8, 2011

She's on the chart!

Two posts in one day! It may be a record. But don't expect much, as I need to get cracking around here and clean this pit up.

Anyhoo, Will and Laura had their checkups today (another bonus of their birthdays being close) and Laura is back on the chart length-wise. (Not literally on the chart lengthwise, as that may read. She prefers to chew on her charts, not lie on them lengthwise.) 5th percentile! But still, she's back on. (She's 27 1/4 inches long, I think.) She weighs all of 15 lbs, 12 oz, which means that she gained a whole pound (plus two ounces) since her last visit the week before her birthday. That's pretty major for her, too. (I thought I may just be imagining that she suddenly seemed heavier in her carrier but it turns out I was right!)

Will, as usual, is right in the middle weightwise and on the shorter side for his height (25th percentile, for anyone who's curious). It appears that he may have inherited Daddy's lazy eye (or whatever the technical term is for it) so we're going to go see a children's eye doctor. His hearing is also not great but we think it's because both of the kids STILL have ear infections and are STILL on another, different, stronger antibiotic. So. We go back for an ear/hearing check in a month...

All of that was probably only interesting to about two people. Or maybe no one. I was even kind of bored writing about it myself and they're my kids.

Again, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment