I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Friday, April 8, 2011

Some pictures for your Friday






















I had to use the flash, due to our low-light situation imposed by the loss of electricity. Laura is never still these days and has begun that fun pulling-up-on-everything-even-things-that-can't-hold-her-(albeit not too
 significant)weight-and-narrowly-avoiding-numerous-head-injuries phase. I realize that many one-year-olds are already walking but both of my kids take their time about it. Not that I'm complaining, though. I'll take the extra few months, especially since it seemed to result in Will being a pretty good walker from the very beginning, i.e. not too many nasty falls.

















If I'm sitting on the floor, she cannot stay away from me. I don't mind, really.























Will struck this pose after I told him I just wanted one nice picture of him. We see where that got me.

Happy weekend! We're heading to the zoo tomorrow to see the baby giraffe that just so happens to share a birthday with Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment