I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to school

Today was Will's first day back to school and he was pretty excited to be back.






















His first day of school last year.






















And this year. (I know, the outfit is nearly the same. We're nothing if not consistent.) I think he seems old in this picture.






















Last year, backpack view.






















This year, backpack view.

















Big Brother and Baby Sister last year on Will's first day of school.
















And this year.






















This is the reaction I get when saying anything that involves the word "poopy." He thinks it's the greatest thing ever.

And I think the same thing about him, my big-second-year-in-preschool-boy.

Last but certainly not least, I would be remiss not to mention that two of our special cousins celebrated birthdays last week. Happy belated birthdays, Mac and Reagan! It was Mac's very first birthday (and big sister Reagan's third!) and we had to miss it. Boo...Will was devastated that he couldn't come party to mark the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment