I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Friday, September 23, 2011

He's funnier when he's not trying to be funny

On the way home from school one day last week, we were listening to the radio when a commercial for the station we were listening to came on. The voice in the commercial said things like, "You know our djs, you know our songs, you know our traffic reporter, etc. etc." As this was going on, my exact thought was, "No, not really."

I didn't even realize that Will was paying attention until he deadpanned from the backseat, "Actually, I don't."

I laughed about it the whole way home.

PS. Totally unrelated to anything important, I'm reasonably sure that I saw Nick Lachey's  brother working with one of the trainers at the gym last week. (I'm too lazy to Google him right now so I'm not sure what his name is.) If it wasn't him, he has an identical twin who is a member of our gym.

1 comment:

  1. And now I am laughing. A big thank you to your Will for helping this stress-out mother lighten up a little today. And an even bigger thank you to YOU for helping me with this Kindergarten/Pre-K debate we have going on. I have only just begun the process, but I'll definitely keep you posted! (And just as an aside, I LOVED the school we toured this morning, but it was a whopping 30 minute drive, one-way; I can't subject that to my 2 kiddos for 9 months a year...so, we are on to school #2 on Tuesday!). Happy Friday, girly : )

    ReplyDelete