I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

from Mary Oliver's "The Summer Day"

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hard to Believe


Posted by Picasa

Just looking at these pictures, it would be hard to believe that this sweet little thing is actually a grumpy pants about 80% of the time. I forgive her, though, in large part because she probably got this from me.


Posted by Picasa

I also forgive her because she's really freaking cute. (And I'm not even going to add the usual "of course I think so because I'm her mother" or "I may be biased or partial" bit because a fact is a fact. Her cuteness is undeniable.)


Posted by Picasa

It would also be hard to believe that anyone could have a bad start to their day or week by looking at this face first thing in the morning. That is unless, of course, you also happen to be the mother of her big brother, who tends to consistently negate such thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment